Your data is the lifeblood of your business. If you lose your server, you can still reconstruct everything back to its original shape of you have the data. But if you lose you data, studies such as the one conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers have shown that most businesses will go bust within 6mths to a year.
What causes Data loss?
There are many reasons, but the main reason cited by many SMBs is that they do not take daily (or regular) backups. The reason given is that they do not have a full-time IT staff or that they feel that it would be an inefficient use of their time … until disaster strikes. Data loss can happen anytime, often when you least expect it – incidences such as:
- Hardware failure
- Malicious Hacking by competitors or script-kiddies
- Robbery, Fire, Sprinklers going off (for those with in-house servers)
What about those of you who runs a “pure Internet/Online” business? Do you trust your host completely to backup and secure your data? Have you ever tried restoring any of the backups done by your host? There are many sad stories of companies going bust because they could not restore the data that was supposedly backed-up by their host.
Our Backup & Disaster Recovery Plan (starts from $50/mth)
- 200GB Offsite storage on enterprise grade hardware (RAID 5. We’re working towards RAID 6)
- Checksums (MD5Sum) to ensure data integrity of the backup.
- Periodic testing of performing full data-restore on a staging server to ensure all the backed-up data is consistent and intact.
- Includes the services to restore the data for you if the need arises. No extra charge for this service.
- If you need more than 200GB storage, talk to us. We can create a custom plan for you.
Your data is priceless. It is the lifeblood of your business. You should take ownership of it and have a proper backup and disaster recovery plan in place.
Drop us a note on our Contact-Us form